In Samoa

Friday, July 21, 2006

July 4 Barbecue, belated





Since we here in Samoa don't get the 4th of July off for a holiday (different country, you know) a bunch of Peace Corps met at Lalomanu for a barbeque (hotdogs and hamburgers). Not nearly as chaotic as the last Lalomanu visit and lots of fun! Lots of new faces, trainees and directors alike; saw some awesome stuff while snorkeling. A note on that: one of the guys (namely Bob whom I will thank forever) loaned me his prescription snorkel mask (our eyes are about equally bad) and for the first time I saw the underwater world clearly! I could actually see the little fish hiding behind their one inch boulders; I could see the camoflaged fish chilling in their places; I saw mushroom corals for the first time (they are all over Lalomanu, I just couldn't see them before). It quite literally brought tears to my eyes. I've posted a few pics and I'll try to post some more once I figure out more about this site. Since this is a public site I'll have to keep the pics very innocent, not that there's anything really bad to post but you never know....
Until next time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home