In Samoa

Thursday, July 06, 2006

New on the Blogger Scene

Yeah, so I thought I'd finally join the 21st century and try out this whole Blog thing. Still have no idea where the word 'blog' comes from. Either way, this kind of a site sounds like a great way to keep in touch with people when I don't have time to write 14 e-mails in a week. So the rundown:

I am a Peace Corps Volunteer in Samoa currently working with Fisheries. I live in Vaivase-uta, a good walk to the south-east of Apia (the capital city of Samoa). My 'Palagi' name is Robin, but I've been re-named in the Fa'aSamoa to Ropina (it means nothing, as far as I know).

Don't really know what to say for this first post; the next one will contain current events and pictures, I just wanted to get the ball rolling on this thing. Well 'til the next posting, I guess.

Ropina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home